I arrived in Valparaiso on the afternoon, went to the cerro Concepcion,
found a very nice hostel and stayed there two nights. I was seriously amazed by this city, I´ve never seen anything like this before: all the houses are painted, it´s so colourful and so vibrant. I´ve never been to a place that artistic. It used to be a ghost city, with houses made of metal sheet and now the municipality offers financial help to make people repaint their house, so wether they just paint it or, they make fresco and figures, landscapes etc. There is a "open air museum". Plus, a lot of hills to climb, one of the Pablo Neruda´s house, very nice people indeed. I met for example a guy named Carlos, who lived in Lyon and invited me to go to a private island in Chiloe. I only stayed two days, walked a lot, but it was amazing.
After that I took a bus to Concepcion, a city where there was a very bad earthquake last year, for a couchsurfing meeting. Jonathan, went to pick me up at the bus station at 10pm and brought me to a cheap hostel. The next day we went to the museum, with an amazing fresco that represents the history of South America (by a mexican painter) then we climbed a cerro and kind of got lost in the forest, it was a really nice walk actually, at night I took a bus to Puerto Montt, he once again walked with me to the station, such a nice person.
There was an earthquake in Conce four days ago and you could definetely see (on the news) how people relived the last years one. There are still buidings destroyed and it´s so fresh in people´s mind still. There´s a documentary film, called Muchaos that my friend Valentin edited, which is really great, about that subject.
Hey Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.
RépondreSupprimerSan Pedro de Atacama