I stayed there two days, just chilling, being so exhausted. I enjoyed the beach, read a lot, had walks, eat home made salads at the hostel. Arica is nothing like Bolivia, what a shock! Bikinis, shorts, everyone wearing sunglasses, the city of palm trees, organized, clean with clothes shops everywhere and supermarkets.
I went back to Arequipa for the weekend to meet Fabian. Arica is at 30 kms from the border, you have local buses that goes to Tacna every 15 minutes. There are also taxis that goes there (colectivos) I came back this way and it s a really funny way to cross the border.
Anyway, with more stamps on my passeport and more night hours bus in the legs, I came back to Chile, directly to Iquique (after a stop at Tacna at 5.30 am and one in Iquique at 9) I arrived around 2pm, went to eat something: the fish was delicious! Then I looked for a hostel and I end up going to the YMCA place, and although it was expensive (this country is, especially for accomodations) I had my own room with bathroom, hot water and most of all: free dancing class and a gymnasium I could use everytime I want. I loved this place! I really enjoyed myself in Iquique. I had really long walks on the beach all day, I´ve never seen that much jellyfish mutilated on the beach: it s everywhere, but not dangerous, kids play with it. The ocean is so violent, it destroys everything. This is why it s not really possible to swim, just getting wet.
Anyway, I stayed all weekend in Iquique ( I really needed a rest also, the first time in months I woke up a 12! Slept for 11 hours straight, I was exhausted). I really enjoyed the town, with the wooden side walks, there s a nice atmosphere, people are adorable (people in Chile are really really lovely but god they speak fast!). I loved Iquique.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire